Go for Dergree & M.A Courses
Courses

This college imparts education at +2 and +3 level in Science,Arts & Commerce streams and in +3 level students can opt for honors degree as well

+2 classes (Higher Secondary Level)

Stream

Sanctioned Strength

Arts

256

Science

384

Commerce

128

Subject Details

I. Compulsory Subjects (Arts, Science, Commerce)

  • English
  • MIL (Oriya / Telugu / Bengali / Urdu / Hindi / AE /Sanskrit)
  • Environmental Education
  • Yoga

II. Elective Subjects Besides the compulsory subjects, a candidate shall have to opt for any four elective subjects as specified below :

Arts

Subject Name

No. of Seats

Subject Name

No. of Seats

Economics

256

Mathematics

32

Education

64

Political Science

256

History

256

Sociology

80

Logic

96

Language (Odia)

256

Information Technology

32

Language (Sanskrit)

48


Science (Elective Combinations)

Elective - 1

Elective - 2

Elective - 3

Elective - 4

No. of Seats

Physics

Chemistry

Mathematics

Biology

384

Physics

Chemistry

Mathematics

Electronics

64

Physics

Chemistry

Mathematics

Information Technology

64


Commerce (Elective Combinations)

Elective - 1

Elective - 2

Elective - 3

Elective - 4

No. of Seats

Accountancy

Business studies & Management

Business Mathematics & Statistics

Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship

128


N.B

  • Information Technology is a self-financing course. A student has to deposit Rs. 1500/- per annum for this course. If a student leaves the college in the 1st year he/she has to deposit fee for the 2nd year also.
  • Elective subjects shall be offered on the basis of marks secured in the qualifying examination and subject to availability of seats.
  • Besides compulsory subjects, a student has to select four elective subjects. No one is allowed to take two language subjects (Oriya with Sanskrit).
  • A student may also take Hindi / Bengali / Telugu / Urdu as his / her M.I.L. There is no provision for regular classes in these subjects (Vide CHSE Letter No. 4154/CHSE dt. 01.05.2006).

III. Courses Taught & Pattern of +2 Examinations

  1st Year College Exam 2nd Year College Exam
Subjects Paper Marks Paper Marks
Compulsory Subjects

M.I.L. (Odia / AE / Sanskrit)

Paper - I

100

Paper - II

100

English

Paper - I

100

Paper - II

100

Environmental Education

-

100

-

-

Yoga

-

50

-

-

Elective Subjects

1st Elective

Paper - I

100

Paper - II

100

2nd Elective

Paper - I

100

Paper - II

100

3rd Elective

Paper - I

100

Paper - II

100

4th Elective

Paper - I

100

Paper - II

100


N.B

  • The syllabus for 2 years course of each subject shall be divided into two parts namely 1st year and 2nd year carrying 100 marks each
  • The college shall conduct one examination of 700 marks at the end of 1st year. Marks secured in that examination shall be considered for promotion of students to the 2nd year class.
  • The examination of 600 marks to be conducted by the CHSE shall be held at the end of Second Year. Pass Certificates will be awarded to the successful students basing on the performance in the CHSE examination only.
  • Environmental Education will be taught and assessed at the college level for 100 marks (70 marks for theory and 30 marks for project work at the end of the1st year.) 
    The grades (A+, A, B, C or D in order of merit are to be awarded by the college and the same shall be recorded in the Pass Certificate given by the Council.
  • The pass certificates for the examination shall be as follows :
  • Subjects with practical : 30% of the total marks shall be diverted for practical examinations and the remaining 70% thereof, for theory. A candidate has to pass separately in theory and practical. Pass marks in Biology shall be calculated taking together the marks secured in both Botany and Zoology.
  • Pass marks shall be 30% of total marks in theory paper and 40% of the total marks in practical paper in each subject with 35% of the total marks in the aggregate.

As per the CHSE, Orissa letter No. 4154 / CHSE Dt. 01.05.2006, the course shall be offered and examined in the following pattern :